BOMA International: Your Number One Solutions Provider
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is a federation of 93 BOMA U.S. associations, BOMA Canada and its 11 regional associations and 13 BOMA international affiliates. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types including nearly 10 billion square feet of U.S. office space that supports 3.7 million jobs and contributes $205 billion to the U.S. GDP. Its mission is to advance the interests of the entire commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information. BOMA Idaho has been federated with BOMA International since 1985. Find BOMA International online at www.boma.org.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Networking and Solutions Provider
- As a BOMA member, you have immediate access to a valuable network of over 16,500 professionals in the field, facilitating the sharing of experiences and the development and expansion of your business and career.
- The BOMA website will allow you to participate in new social networking forums and more easily navigate through a wealth of online resources.
- An expanded, nationally-networked online Career Center and job bank links you with employers, job seekers, and resources for career planning and development.
- BOMA’s online Bookstore and Buyers Guide provide access to timely publications and a network of suppliers that can help you manage your properties more efficiently.
Advocacy and Codes
- BOMA’s industry-leading energy efficiency and sustainability strategies put money in your pocket. Our 7-Point Challenge provides incentives for energy efficiency gains that also green the bottom line, and our partnership with the Clinton Climate Initiative identifies and eliminates barriers to implementing and financing energy efficiency retrofits.
- BOMA saved its members $630 million in annual lease income losses with approval of alternatives to unnecessary and costly evacuation stairways and fire separation requirements in the ICC International Model Codes.
Research and Standards
- For almost 100 years, BOMA International has set the standard for measuring buildings. In 1915, BOMA first published the Standard Method of Floor Measurement for Office Buildings, an accepted and approved methodology by the American National Standards Institute. Throughout the years, the standard has been revised to reflect the changing needs of the real estate market and the evolution of office building design. Today, BOMA International is the secretariat of a suite of measurement standards..
Education and Training
- BOMA’s Foundations of Real Estate Management ® course offers a comprehensive overview of building management and operations for those new to the industry. Offered locally, this program offers a convenient, affordable means to bring new hires quickly up-to-speed.
- The BOMA Energy Efficiency Program (BEEP)® has become the industry standard in energy efficiency education, offering easy-to-implement no- and low-cost energy savings strategies and best practices to 10,000 industry practitioners and counting!
- BOMA’s new Sustainable Operations Series (SOS) Webinars offer strategies for “greening” building operations without major capital expenditures. These and other Webinars offered throughout the year provide cost-effective training for your entire team.
- BOMA’s Annual Conference and The Office Building Show keeps you current on the latest operations, management best practices, products, high performance trends and building technology while you network with industry colleagues.
- BOMA’s annual Medical Office Buildings and Healthcare Facilities Conference brings together nearly 500 movers and shakers within this growing industry sector, and delivers sophisticated education sessions focused on development, leasing and managing MOBs.
- BOMA’s acclaimed Emerging Leaders in Real Estate, developed in conjunction with Harvard University Graduate School of Design, equips up-and-coming leaders with the vision and discipline to guide their organizations to the next level.
Information, Publications and Recognition
- The award-winning BOMA Magazine, e-News and the BOMA/Kingsley Report deliver the latest industry news, trends and best practices that drive value to your properties.
- The Office Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards is another opportunity to distinguish your company from the competition!
Federated With BOMA International